View our video about our awesome youth program by Gary Morrison
Director: Hall of Fame Basketball Player – Samuel Hines (17 year pro) & HNS staff. Is your son or daughter interested in learning basketball? HNS offers basketball classes and clinics as well as an opportunity to try-out for one of our local travel basketball teams. HNS seeks and trains boys and girls ages 8 – 13 for both competitive and non-competitive/recreational travel teams. Information varies so click on the tab(s) below for more information.
HNS ACADEMY PRE-SEASON WORKOUTS, TRY-OUTS & SEASON DETAILS: SPRING DETAILS CLICK
You want to be apart of something great: REGISTER HERE (2018-2019 SEASON DETAILS WILL COME OUT AUGUST 29.
Non-contact and contact skills program focusing on improving dribbling and shooting techniques, passing, general basketball IQ, floor positioning for team and game situations. Our program also improves running techniques, positioning, foot speed, changes in direction, and strength and conditioning.
SELECTED TEAM MEMBERS: HNS SCHEDULE: workouts, tryouts, season schedule HNS Flyer 2018 fall
The teams will enter into either a league and/or tournaments throughout the year. Depending on the leagues, they run anywhere from mid – October through early February. The spring teams normally start around Feb – June and play in tournaments on selected weekends that is convenient for the organization. Most AAU/YBOA Spring ball will guarantee three games then playoffs. Games may start as early as Friday evening and end as late as Sunday afternoon.
Competitive Team Benefits:
- Practice under the HNS Curriculum (designed by former pro & HNS Staff)
- Participating with a program who cares about you on and off the court. STUDENT/ATHLETES
- Receive discounts on clinics and camps during the school year (Team members only)
- Playing and preparing against more competitive teams
- Expecting to reach the next level concept of basketball and make your feeder & high school teams
- Expecting to play a lot of minutes to improve your skills
- Expected to support each age group during practices and/or games
- Expected to make all practices & games unless you are excused from practice for a family emergency or tons of homework
- Opportunity to work on skills and gain confidence with supportive coaches
- Play under the HNS Brand
Tournament play will take place where we are scheduled that week: Fulton, Forsyth, Cherokee, Cobb & Cherokee.
League play normally will take place at the same gym for that season: Kings Ridge and/or Suwanee Sports
Recreational Travel (new program for beginners)
Games are played on Saturdays. This program is being offered as a recreational basketball option for those kids who aren’t ready for competitive ball but can still train within our programs. parents and players who want to minimize their travel and play more recreationally. Players will be placed on a team with HNS jerseys. Teams may be organized as mixed age as required.
- Gaining the early stage of growth and understanding of the game
- Practice under the HNS Curriculum & Brand
- Practice with HNS Competitive Travel Teams
- More court time to improve faster at your skill level
- Opportunity to work on skills and gain confidence for competitive play